Magic Johnson has resigned as Los Angeles Lakers president of basketball operations Tuesday night time time at an impromptu information convention, in advance than the institution’s normal-season finale.
While pronouncing his resignation, Johnson, a Hall of Famer from his playing days with the Lakers, explained that he changed into happier whilst he turned into no longer President.
His words: “I became happier when I wasn’t the president (of the Lakers),” the fifty nine-12 months-antique stated.
His assertion came at the heels of an ESPN report that he and Coach Luke Walton have now not spoken for weeks.
Johnson said institution owner Jeanie Buss had now not been told of his selection earlier. He expressed his affection for Buss, announcing, “I knew I couldn’t be face-to-face and tell her. I couldn’t stand to inform her.”
He grow to be aggravated via being sanctioned by using the NBA for tampering at the same time as speaking to or approximately gamers on unique organizations.
Johnson introduced approximately the day by day NBA company, “What I didn’t like is the backstabbing and the whispering. I don’t like a lot of things that went on that didn’t should pass on.
“I desire that when (the season ends), the Lakers can head within the proper direction, which we're.
Injuries really harm us, but I cherished going for walks with Jeanie.”

0 Comments